” Matthew was the third Realtor I tried to sell my home. The first two just listed the house and sat back waiting for their commission check. Matthew did his homework; he came up with the right listing price by analyzing comps and the market. He showed me what I needed to do to make my house salable. Then he went to work and actively found a buyer and worked with them to make sure the closing went smoothly. If you have a property to sell, call Matthew, he will get the job done for you, too.” Ken Nichols
How Do We Determine Asking Price?
You obviously want to sell your house for the highest possible price. You may even have a number in mind. But, how do you determine if that number is reasonable? You may be concerned that:
- If you list your house too high, few buyers, if any, will see it.
- If your price is too low, you could end up leaving thousands of dollars on the table.
Creating a pricing strategy that will pique the interest of qualified buyers is the first step in getting your house on the market and SOLD for the highest price possible. I specialize in the Central Florida market – that is primarily Lakeland to Tampa Bay and the surrounding counties – see the list in the search line below to determine if I can be of service to you.
My local Board of Realtors provides me with a multitude of tools to use when computing home and land values, so if you want to get an idea of what listing prices are in your area, click on the line below.
How we get started?
The first step in having me come out and evaluate your property is a phone call, text or email. I begin by getting to know your property and all its desirable features. Then I make some calculations to determine its Current Market Value using Realtors Property Report (RPR) and the MLS. That value is based, in large part, on what similar houses in the area have sold for recently.
Of course, buyers won’t pay for the sentimental value you place on your house. But special features such as hardwood floors, a newly renovated kitchen or bathroom, or a beautiful backyard patio can have an impact on how quickly a property sells and for what price. I’ll help you understand all the factors that go into setting the list price, and ensuring it is just right for the marketplace and your goals.
“What’s your commission?”
That the most asked question I get from sellers, and the simple answer is – it’s NEGOTIABLE – and based on the marketing plan you choose during our discussion to list your property. While many real estate agents will throw out numbers (percentages), you should understand that stating a number and calling it “normal” or “established” or “industry standard” may be a violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act. Don’t fall into the “commission trap” – let’s talk and see which of my services you wish to employ and go from there.
What services do I offer?
I’m a full-time professional. Knowing you don’t hire part-time dentists, lawyers or doctors – why would you hire a part-time Realtor? After all, a home is one of the largest sales one can make in their lifetime.
- I’m always available! If you call, I usually answer. In those times when I can’t, and you leave voicemail, I’ll automatically receive a transcribed email and text relaying your message. So my, “ONE CALL DOES IT ALL” is a promise I make – AND KEEP – to all my customers.
- My marketing plans begin with the basics – photography, MLS entry, a yard sign, etc. No two sellers are alike so I like to tailor each homes marketing plan to reflect a property owners desires. Want me to show your home instead of using a lock box? I’ll do that! Want aerial/drone pictures – I have vendors for that. Need to virtually stage empty rooms or space – I have vendors for that! My point is I can fulfill every aspect of marketing your property.
- As your Realtor I will schedule showings, provide feedback, provide proper documentation to buyers and their agents. I’ll help you through negotiations and once we have a contract signed – I’ll attend all inspections, coordinate with the title company, the buyers agent and the buyers lender to insure everyone sticks to the timeline contractually agreed upon. I have an extensive vendor list – so if there’s anything you need, I’ll provide you with multiple companies to interview for the services you need. I’m with you every step of the way up to closing and beyond!
Curious as to what your house is likely to sell for in today’s market? Please submit the form below or call or email me for a no-obligation Personal Consultation. I’ve got the answers for you.